I was adding to my Twitter Twips Arsenal, reading a post by John Paul at The Money Dummy Blog, and spotted the ReTweet This Post button, and by the way, he has some bombshell information on his site! This is the button that caught my attention!
You can ReTweet This Post and all of your own posts too! (See, you can even do an inline ReTweet this post.)
This nifty addition to a blog post encourages readers to ReTweet (RT) your post. You might even get more visitors to your site! Of course, there might be other tools out there, widgets, plugins, whatever, but I’m giving this one a try!
Here’s a link to the FREE ClickToTweet online tool you’ll be using to create the shortcode for your button image.
ReTweet This Post Is As Easy As 1-2-3:
1. Type your message in the box,
2. Click the Generate button to create a custom link,
3. Share the link by hyperlinking the image on your post!
Follow the Step-By-Step Guide below and you’ll have a ReTweet button to use whenever you create a new post!
First, Create Your Own ReTweet This Post Button/Graphic
- Image to use as a hyperlink button. Create your image in your favorite graphics program. It can be any shape or size you choose. I made mine 580 x 45 to fit neatly at the end of the post. Add text to your button image and save it to upload to your WordPress site. Create your own or feel free to copy mine, use it now, and create your own later. TIP: Create the image without text to use as a template – then use the template when you want to change the text and create a new image.
- Login to your WordPress site
- Upload your graphic/image(s) to media
Next, follow this Step-By-Step Guide
Add a new tab to your browser window and open http://clicktotweet.com
|2.||Create a new post or open/edit one of your most popular posts – the ones that get the most traffic.|
|3.||Insert your button graphic at the end of your post.|
|4.||Create your ReTweet text like the example below. You’re going to copy/paste the information from your post page & delete it when you’re finished.|
Format: RT@[YourTwitterUsername] [ Post Title] [Shortlink]
Example: RT @melowout This Is The Name Of My Post http://wp.me/p2R4bN-Ea
TO CREATE YOUR ReTWEET TEXT:
|6.||Copy the ReTweet text you just created from the bottom of your post
|7.||Move to the browser tab you previously opened: http://clicktotweet.com|
|8.||Paste the ReTweet text into the text box at ClickToTweet.com. Add anything else you want (#hashtags, note, etc.) in the text box.|
Click ‘Generate Link’
|10.||Copy the link URL generated by ClickToTweet, and switch back to your post.|
|11.||Hyperlink the image using the code from ClickToTweet:
a. Click your button image to select it,
|12.||NOW delete the Retweet text at the bottom of your post – you don’t need it anymore.|
|13.||UPDATE your post.|
Finally, test the link. View post and test the link yourself. Pop over to your Twitter page and see how it appears. The screen shot below shows how it appears in Twitter.
|That’s it – you are finished. Now just follow the same steps to create a hyperlink the button image in any post and allow your guests to ReTweet it for you!|
P.S. Don’t forget to click this button too, and I thank you very much!